Clear Creek Amana Middle School

"Home of the Clippers"





The mission of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District is to prepare students to be productive, responsible, community members by providing an environment that inspires quality life-long learning.













Sunday, May 9, 2010

Update, Week of May 10, 2010

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone in the Land of the Clippers has had a great weekend, and an especially great Mother's Day! At least the weather warmed up enough on Sunday to get outside and enjoy the day. I was so busy with my family that I didn't get my own mom called until a little after 8. With that being said, I'm one of the lucky ones that has a great mom! My mom has always put her kids first. I'm not sure that there is a better compliment to a mom than that. I hope all the Clipper Mom's had a great day. Thank for everything you all do to support your children.

Unfortunately I don't have an update yet on the 7th and 8th grade conference track meets. I will find out the official results on Monday and post them on here. The boy's traveled to Williamsburg for conference and the girl's traveled to Benton. This week the track teams will wrap up their season on Thursday night when they travel to West Liberty.

On Monday our district 4th and 5th graders will hold their annual Track and Field Day at the middle school track in Tiffin. The festivities get under way at 9 AM. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for our young athletes.

Over the next couple of weeks our teachers will be busy scheduling and meeting with students and families as part of the Personal Learning Plan process. We hope to meet with all students and families before the end of school. If you have any questions about this process, let me know.

Monday- Today was a busy day. I was able to get into several classrooms and check out what was going on. We also hosted 4th and 5th grade Track and Field today. I did find out that our 7th grade girl's were crowned conference champions on Friday night. The 8th grade girl's finished 4th. In the boy's competition the 7th grade finished 4th and the 8th grade ended up in 6th place. Great job to all of our athletes!

Wednesday- Today I had the opportunity to visit a couple of classrooms and I also helped serve lunch. This afternoon our teachers were busy with the Personal Learning Plan process. As I hope you are aware, the teachers will be conducting family meetings with each student and their family yet this spring. If you have any questions about this process, please contact me. I hope everyone has a great night!

THURSDAY- NOTE TRACK MEET TONIGHT @ WEST LIBERTY HAS BEEN CANCELED! IT WILL NOT BE MADE UP. THEREFORE THE 7TH AND 8TH GRADE TRACK SEASON HAS CONCLUDED!

GIRLS TRACK TEAMS WILL HAVE A MEETING NEXT TUESDAY NIGHT AFTER SCHOOL TO TURN IN EQUIPMENT.


Friday- I hope you all are having a great Friday! It was really nice to actually see the sun this morning! Our 8th graders are busy today with a special Solar Cooker Day. From what I have observed, they have had a great time.

I hope everyone can get out and enjoy the nice weather this weekend. I would like to thank our track athletes for their dedication and efforts this year. All teams had a very successful season. Thanks to the parents for their support throughout the season.

Events Next Week:
Tuesday, May 18- CCAMS POPS Concert, 7 PM, Middle School Auditorium
Wednesday, May 19- School Board Meeting, 7 PM, Clear Creek Elementary

BIG Events Down the Road...
Sunday, May 23- 8th Grade Celebration (This is being organized by parents), 6:30 PM, Middle School Auditorium.
Wednesday, May 26- Jazz Band and Show Choir Tour, Time TBA
Thursday, May 27- 7th Grade End of Year Trip, Iowa Cubs Baseball Game, Des Moines
Friday, May 28- 6th Grade End of Year Trip, Adventureland, Altoona
Tuesday, June 1- 8th Grade End of Year Trip, Lake McBride, Solon

Have a Great Weekend!
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment