Clear Creek Amana Middle School

"Home of the Clippers"





The mission of the Clear Creek Amana Community School District is to prepare students to be productive, responsible, community members by providing an environment that inspires quality life-long learning.













Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Update, Week of June 1, 2010

Hello all,

I hope everyone had an enjoyable three day weekend! It's kind of strange to be here today with a 2 day school week. On Friday I had the opportunity to accompany our 6th graders to Adventureland for the day. They did an outstanding job representing CCA! I was very proud of them!

Today our 8th graders are spending the day at Lake McBride. It should be a great day of fun on the lake. What a beautiful day for their trip!!

As you are aware tomorrow will be the last day of school. It will be a 1:17 early release. We will have a fun activity in the afternoon in which our 8th graders will take on some of our faculty members in basketball. I have vowed to not step foot on the court. Although I did play basketball in high school I think my glory years have passed me by. Plus, I do not want to get hurt and miss out on some valuable golf time!

Trimester 3 Report Cards
I'm hopeful that by Monday, June 14th, we will have trimester 3 grades finished up and can get the report cards in the mail. We will include some other information in the mailing as well, including your child's summer reading list. It's really important that we keep kids reading throughout the summer.

As we close the book on the 2009.2010 school year I wanted to thank everyone for their commitment to education. It's been a fun and rewarding school year. I feel blessed to work with such great teachers, students, and families. CCA is a great place to be.

Summer Plans
I do plan on keeping the blog updated throughout the summer. Please try and check the blog site weekly. I hope everyone has a great summer!

Take care,
Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment